Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pastor's Blog - Freedom

Woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. and started thinking. That's a bad thing to do if you want to sleep till 6:00. Started thinking about the goal of my teaching at Good News. I think I can say it in one word, freedom.

I want believers and unbelievers alike to be set free. The bondage breaking statement I can make for believers is Christian living begins when obligation to live it ends.

Jesus wants a love relationship with us, not a law relationship. One thing that characterizes love relationships is freedom. For example, my wife doesn't want my fidelity because of a vow taken years ago. She wants my fidelity because I freely choose to cherish her today. Anything less is unsatisfying. When we follow the rules dominated by a sense of obligation, we are good moral people but we aren't living the Christian life.

Grace Freak Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment